To Index
The Union or Methodist church (c.1925), built in 1888 and dedicated on Sept. 28, 1889 on land donated by the Hon. G. W.W. Bentley. In 1928, the building was raised, moved back from the street, and placed on a new foundation. On Jan. 13, 1929, it was dedicated as the United Church of Kensington. The dark building to the left of the church, the CMBA hall, was built in 1906, and contained a room on the ground floor for showing movies. The first house to the right of the church belonged to Mrs. Lydia Sims, and the second house to the extreme right belonged to Mr. and Mrs. Pridham. (Historical Society).
To Text