Submitted by Garnett Turner
Colonel Charles Stewart was the son of Annabella and Robert Stewart of Lower Malpeque who were among the original settlers from England. This two-storeyed house measured 30 feet by 40 feet. It possessed a six-foot stone over the front door which was inscribed CAS 1820. The sills were two feet square and made of cedar and the interior contained many fireplaces. The house was torn down in 1942 and was replaced by a new wooden frame house.